Senior Administrator - London city
Salary neg - up to £35k DOE & Qualifications +Bens.
Established in 2007, our client, a city based Financial Planning Practice, specialise in providing advice on a large range of financial planning products, Retirement Planning, Wealth and Investment Planning, Estate Planning, Protection and Life Assurance, and Mortgages. Due to their expanding team of highly skilled financial planners, they are now seeking an additional Senior Administrator come Paraplanner to support the Head Paraplanner. You will work within a small and friendly but busy sales support team.
Overall Job Purpose
To provide administrative support to ensure;
• the efficient processing of business in accordance with strict operating procedures
• effective management of day to day tasks
• Clients receive a high level of service
• Advisers are able to focus on the advice and client relationship management aspect of their business model
• Answer incoming calls, responding to client and provider queries as appropriate
• Manage personal inbox, answering client, external and internal mails where appropriate in line with requirements
• Manage daily post, answering client mail or distributing as appropriate
• Contact clients prior to meetings to confirm appointments and obtain up to date information in line with practice processes and Partner requirements
• Prepare documentation for initial meetings with prospective clients using a Check List to practice standards
• Ensure all information is entered onto the practice CRM system maintaining up to date records of clients personal details,
plans, contact history and task history
• Obtain quotations and illustrations and supporting documentation in preparation for client meetings
• Obtain valuations and information clients existing policies and investments.
• Prepare provider responses for entry onto LAT system
• Manage responses from the LAT system in liaison with the Head paraplanner/relevant adviser
• Prepare calculations as required to assist in assessing the clients investment management needs, critical illness, disability and life insurance needs.
• Prepare proposals for the solution that the Partner has selected for the client including approved product illustrations and literature
and establish details on the chosen investment platform where applicable.
• Knowledge of Produce Client Suitability Reports for personalising and sign off by the Practice Principal/Adviser
• Review and administer business pipeline to ensure relevant actions are taken.
• Manage the OWS system to ensure the delivery of ongoing service requirements, maintaining accurate OWS and CRM records.
• Produce client facing material in preparation for ongoing service meetings in line with Practice standards and client type.
• Update clients OWS, platform and provider records where appropriate to ensure correlation with the internal CRM
• Manage internal procedures, ensuring that these are documented and consistently maintained.
• Provide ad hoc research and administrative support to the Partner, as and when required
Provide efficient resolution to client queries and ensure clients receive effective communication regarding case processing.
Manage proactive client communications ensuring the Partner delivers service requirements in line with the Practice client proposition.
Marketing to new and existing clients, recognising and opportunities and marketing to clients accordingly.
Deliver projects to meet defined business objectives.
Compliance - understand and adhere to the practice and Openwork’s systems and regulatory requirements and, where appropriate, comply with all relevant regulatory policies. This includes completion of any mandatory training requirements
Escalation of queries to Provider relationship Managers for resolution
An understanding of the Financial Serviced Market including
• the role of a Financial Adviser • protection, investment and pension products • Principals of UK’s Taxation system
• Principals of Fund Management • Data Protection Awareness
Financial Crime Awareness
Knowledge of the sales and advice process and regulatory requirements
After a period of training , a working knowledge of ;
• OWS • OW Portal • Zurich Platform • IFDL Platform • Financial Cash flow modeller • LAT • Intelligent Office
• Sourcing systems ( OWS Solution Builder and MBL) • FE Analytics • Voyant
IT literate, including the ability to effectively use ;
• Email • Word • Excel • Database management tools • Scanning and document management
• Accuracy and a high sensitivity to data and detail
• Effective telephone communication skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Confidence in client facing situations
• Administration and organisational skills including managing internal processes, adhering to strict standard
operating procedures and delivering to strict timelines
• Ability to identify issues and resolve disputes in an effective manner including the ability to manage
client expectations and internal stakeholders
• Collating data for reports
• Personal organisational skills
• Team player
• Strong personal work ethic
• Reliability and punctuality
KEY COMPETENCY AREAS
1. Core knowledge
2. Delivering excellent client service
3. Effective communication skills
4. Managing process
5. Personal organisational skills
6. Approach to role
Senior Paraplanner / Technical Analyst - Central London
Salary neg - c£50k - £55k DOE & Qualifications +Bens
Our client are a unique boutique Independent Financial Services provider, specialising in Wealth Management and Financial Planning. They hold the prestigious 'Chartered Financial Planner' status offering their clients a truly independent and highly professional service. They require a highly experienced and qualified Paraplanner /Technical Analyst, to work as part of a team to support the Financial Planners, Advisers, and Managing Director.
If you feel confident that you have the skills and experience set out below to meet the standards required and are interested in this superb & unique opportunity then please submit your CV.
The role of the Technical Analyst is to support the Financial Planner/s and Adviser/s when informing and advising clients on financial strategies, plans and products.
Continually research, evaluate and improve processes and practices to implement within the company and external client’s businesses to improve effectiveness and efficiency (including in house tools and platforms).
Ensuring the technical elements of the business are run in a responsible and compliant manner, meeting all legislative requirements, both internally and externally.
Overseeing and contributing to the creation of technical operational procedures and templates.
Supporting the Financial Planner/s and Adviser/s in research and analysis to meet client needs and objectives.
Supporting the Financial Planner/s and Adviser/s in preparing client financial plans and suitability reports.
Developing and maintaining internal relationships to help maintain business flow and meet agreed targets.
Promoting the profile of the business within the profession and wider communities.
Continuous professional development to meet regulatory requirements and personal development needs.
Nature & Scope of Responsibilities:
Reports to – Technical Manager
Direct Reports – Technical Assistants
The role holder is responsible for:
The technical aspects of preparing for client meetings, including:
Preparing and compiling financial analysis data.
Analysing client data and preparing cash flow analyses.
Researching products to support recommendations.
Compiling financial planning recommendations and suitability reports.
Providing support for the Financial Planner/s and Adviser/s.
Ensuring that all regulatory and compliance standards are met.
Liaising with product providers and other relevant third parties.
Ensuring that all Client requirements are followed through to the appropriate conclusion.
Managing, recording and monitoring Client annual reviews on behalf of the Financial Planner/s and Adviser/s.
Assisting the Financial Planner/s and Adviser/s with Client presentations and any other activities as agreed.
Individual work flow and task delivery.
Assisting the Technical Manager with annual technical reviews of services and products.
The role holder will keep up to date with legislative and industry changes which affect the business and its Clients.
PERSONAL SPECIFICATION - SKILLS:
Interpersonal skills to develop to develop and maintain Client trust and inspire confidence.
Able to communicate effectively in verbal & written form.
Solutions orientated – imaginative.
Highly organised, methodical, analytical and disciplined.
Shows initiative and takes and takes personal responsibility for completing tasks.
Able to work within defined business process.
Adopts a positive attitude, willing to assist others when busy.
Able to work under pressure on occasions to achieve deadlines.
Ability to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision.
Superb technical knowledge of Financial Services products.
Thorough knowledge of technical financial planning tools and financial modelling software (MorningStar & Voyant).
Knowledge of Financial Planning.
Microsoft office and CRM systems.
Working within a Financial Planning environment.
Working as a Paraplanner at a senior level.
Chartered Financial Planner.
Certified Financial Planner.
Paraplanners required - Nationwide
We are seeking suitably qualified, high quality, experienced professionals, with the following criteria;
• Minimum diploma level 4 - working towards advanced diploma and Chartered status
• Minimum 2 years experience in providing a full Paraplanning support service
If this is you and you are looking for a new challenge and career progression, please email your CV
with a brief description of what you are looking for and we will get in touch to discuss further details.